Our glass products have all been carefully annealed to ensure strength and long life. However, it is still glass and misuse can result in damage.
How you look after the glass art you purchased from us will depend entirely on how you value it.
If it is a unique feature piece or sculpture you have probably paid a significant amount for it. This is due to its uniqueness, the materials involved and the love and effort made in its creation. You will probably, and should, take great care of your art piece.
If it is a more practical piece and not so unique or artistic it probably cost much less. In this case you may view it as more disposable and thus will be happy to wash it in your dishwasher and subject it to more wear.
Glass Art can be washed in a dishwasher, but we don’t recommended it. You know what happens to other glass ware in your dishwasher. It can be knocked around and hence chipped. Continued exposure in a dishwasher may affect the colours and surface finish. We recommend washing in warm soapy water one its own to avoid that clunking around and potential damage.
We also don’t recommend placing it in an oven. Repeated use in the extreme temperature changes and baked on food can result in damage.
So here is our list of things to consider.
- Use metal utensils on your piece with care. Metal will chip and damage glass. Even those toughened glass cooking dishes scratch and chip with continued use of metal utensils.
- Do not put your glass art in a microwave. Some glass art can include metal inclusions and this can cause damage to the piece and potentially to your microwave.
- Do not place in an oven. Removing baked on food and temperature changes are not kind.
- Do not place in a dishwasher. Overtime this may result in deterioration of the piece and potentially physical damage. You choice as mentioned above.
- Wash by hand with warm soapy water. Preferably alone, and dry well to avoid hard water stains.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners. It is glass and it will scratch over time.
Care for your piece as if it is made of glass and it will give you a lifetime of joy.