We make sure our glass products, Glass Art and Jewellery features, have all been carefully annealed to ensure strength and long life. However, you should care for Glass Art as it is still glass and misuse can result in damage.
You should value the glass art you have purchased from us and give it the love and care it deserves.
If it is a unique artistic piece or sculpture you have probably paid a significant amount for it. This is due to its uniqueness, the materials involved and the love and effort made in its creation. You should take great care of your art piece.
If it is a more practical piece, such as a trinket dish or a piece of everyday jewellery such as earrings, and not so unique or artistic it probably cost much less. In this case you may view it as more disposable and thus will be happy to wash it in your dishwasher and subject it to more wear. But that is not our recommendation.
Can I Wash my Glass Art in a Dishwasher?
Glass Art can be washed in a dishwasher, but we don’t recommended it. You know what happens to other glass ware in your dishwasher. Without care it will get knocked around and it will get chipped. And continued exposure to the extreme conditions in a dishwasher will affect the colours and surface finish. We strongly recommend washing in warm soapy water one its own to avoid that clunking around and potential damage.
Can I Use Glass Art in a Microwave?
We also don’t recommend placing it in an oven. Repeated use in the extreme temperature changes and baked on food will result in damage.
So here is our list of things to consider.
- Use metal utensils on your piece with care. Metal will chip and damage glass. Even those toughened glass cooking dishes scratch and chip with continued use of metal utensils.
- Do not put your glass art in a microwave. Some glass art can include metal inclusions and this can cause damage to the piece and potentially to your microwave.
- Do not place in an oven. Removing baked on food and temperature changes are not kind.
- Do not place in a dishwasher. Overtime this may result in deterioration of the piece and potentially physical damage. You choice as mentioned above.
- Wash by hand with warm soapy water. Preferably alone, and dry well to avoid hard water stains.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners. It is glass and it will scratch over time.
So please, care for Glass Art you have purchased from us and it will give you a lifetime of joy.